Commercial Employment Law
Protect your business against Employment claims.
Ward Gethin Archer Solicitors can assist your business no matter what stage it is at. Whether you are at the beginning, setting up your business and taking on your first employee or whether you have already grown and developed into a successful business, employing hundreds of staff. Our experts can help you to manage your employees and protect your business against Employment Tribunal claims.
As you will be aware, employment law is extremely complicated and undergoes changes on a regular basis. It is therefore difficult for employers to keep up to date with employment law and often employers can be held to have unfairly dismissed an employee when they did not even realise that they were in breach of the law. Unfortunately, employment law is not just common sense and without specialist advice you can leave yourself open to timely and costly Employment Tribunal claims.
At Ward Gethin Archer our solicitors can help you to ensure that you are protected and reduce the risk of an expensive claim being made against you. We can assist you right from the start before any Employment Tribunal proceedings are issued and often find prevention is better than a cure. So it is always better to seek our advice before you dismiss or discipline any of your employees.
We can also help you avoid Employment Tribunal claims by ensuring that you have suitable procedures in place. We can assist you with the following:
- Drafting your employment contracts. If you do not have a contract of employment in place, then the Tribunal can make awards on behalf of employees against you.
- Drafting of employment policies and your procedures for disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Drafting of retirement policies which you now have to have in place
- Representing you in negotiations and proceedings in the Employment Tribunal
- Assisting you in director's duties, service agreements and post termination obligations including restrictive covenants and non solicitation clauses. It is important to ensure that your employees to do take away your clients and set up in competition with you. We can advise you in relation to these clauses which can protect you and your business
- Advising you on employment law issues of buying and selling of your business which can be costly if you do not do correctly
Please do not leave it too late to contact our employment team, and try to seek advice before proceedings have been issued against you. If you require advice please contact one of our solicitors or contact your nearest office and we will be more than happy to assist. The contact details for each of our offices can be found by clicking here.